Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!  This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family and so I really didn't expect to eat well.  I also expected to be a slight bit lonesome, but as these pictures will show you I was neither friendless or foodless over Thanksgiving.
These are the friends I got to share my thanksgiving meal with.  The Parents at the school provided a huge Thanksgiving meal for everyone, almost 300 people, and the food was
 amazing!
This was the massive amount of food the parents provided for the teachers.  What a great way to celebrate an American holiday in Guatemala.  I also had a large dinner on Thursday over at my friend's house.  Both times I left thinking that I never needed to eat again.  That's a Feast.

And finally this was how I spent my Thanksgiving day.  I hiked up La Muela (The Muller) with some friends.  It was a beautiful hike and I had a great time.  Thanksgiving to me is about friends, family and food.  I usually spend my Thanksgiving eating and eating and watching football and eating some more.  All done with and around my family.  This year I didn't have the opportunity to be around my family, but as you guys can see I  was blessed with a few friends to spend my Thanksgiving break with, and sometimes friends are as good as a family.  I want to close with a question.  What is Thanksgiving to you?  

2 comments:

Eugene C. Scott said...

A time to slow down and think and pray--and eat. Ours was very quiet and small but rich. This was the last one without a grandbaby. What fun next year will be with a new life to be thankful for.

Katie said...

Brens, Thanksgiving was great this year, but you were very missed!

I also thought about how much God has blessed us with over the last year and I am truly thankful that He is in control of our lives. I am glad that you had a great Turkey day and that you still had a feast!