Sunday, January 18, 2009

Excited For A Change!

I'm back in Guatemala and excited about a few things.  Christmas break was great and really helped me reenergize.  I won my fantasy football league a couple of weeks ago and was able to celebrate the win with my family!  Being with my family was amazing.  We played games, watched movies, and talked.  This was exactly what I needed.  Hanging around my family really made me excited for life in Guatemala.  Life down here is a challenge and I feel like God is constantly changing me.  Life back home for my family is changing as well; its an exciting time.

My older sister Katie, who I got to visit while I was home over Christmas, is pregnant.  She should pop in about two or three weeks.  I'm so ready for the little girl to come into the world.  This will be such a cool change for my family.  When I was home everything we did had something to do with the kid.  I'm ready for this change, ready to spoil my little niece, and see her grow in Christ.  I know that Katie and Michael, her husband, are ready for her to wake them up at all hours of the night, ask to be held, and fed.  I know bringing a life into this world is kind of a scary thought, such a huge responsibility, but I'm positive that my sister and bro-in-law will do fine.  I'm positive that she will bring such joy to their lives.  The only thing that I'm not really that excited about is the fact that I wont be able to meet her until June.  I'm going to miss out on the biggest change to come to my family in a decade or so, but I'm confident that God has me right where he wants me.  

Like I said I loved seeing my family while I was home, but by the end of the break I was ready to head back.  I got to see how God is using my dad in South West Denver.  His church is growing and things seem to be following God's will.  I hope that someone will be able to say the same thing about my life and my job here in Guatemala.  I guess the excitement in that last statement is knowing that as long as I seek God he will be glorified.  I'm challenging my students to trust him more and I guess I'm doing the same thing.  I'm excited to be where I am right now and I'm joyful because God is changing me, making me more into the man he crated me to be.  A big change is coming and I'm ready.

3 comments:

Eugene C. Scott said...

Some famous philosopher a long time ago said the only constant in life is change. The thing he didn't know though is that our God is really the Constant and Changeless One. We can hold on to him while all else run wild.

I hadn't realized how much God is working in and changing our family until you put it all down on paper--or whatever this screen is called.

Eugene C. Scott said...

And hey, you sounded a little too anxious to get back to Guatemala. Should we take that personally?

Katie said...

Once again...I loved reading your blog! Little Addi will absolutely love her Uncle Brendan and she will be more than excited to get to meet you! She will have to meet you first on Skype though! I am continuing to pray for you and so excited to hear all that God is doing in you and through you.